Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bliss

Bliss IMDb
At first glance, I thought this was going to be one of those typical Middle Eastern movies that treat their women like crap and they deliver messages that we live in a sad, sad world.  This wasn't that.  This movie from Turkey was a bit different.  It's more of a positive feeling.  Actually, this is like the happier version of Stoning of Soraya M.  The first 20 minutes, we have exaggerated characters and cliche plot.  As the story develops and we go outside the main village, we have something more.  Good stuff. If you like your drama, this is for you.  I never heard of this movie until last year when my girlfriend's mom mentioned it and she insisted for me to see it.  My girlfriend and her family saw it in a film festival in Puerto Rico back 6 years ago.  It was a decent treat.