Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Man of Steel (2013)

Man of Steel IMDb
Pretty darn good, if you ask me.  It was supposed to be like this: pure action and drama.  I'm not familiar with the comics so I'm not going to compare or think about how the comics were but I didn't like Lois Lane being so much involved in things.  She's a reporter, why the hell is she doing up there in a plane helping out the military?  Which comes to my one and only problem with the story:  Why did General Zod picked her to come up to the ship with Superman?  That was never answered. Not giving away spoilers.  Other than that, I love the flashbacks.  I actually wanted to see more how Superman grew up and became what he is.  Good fighting scenes with the bad guys there.  I like that they were all fast.  They're all aliens, dammit.  Love the score.  I went into this with an open mind.  It was pretty good for an actioney movie.  Now, while I enjoyed this more than Iron Man 3, I still feel that a lot of other comic movies were better (like the new Batman movies, Watchmen, and The Avengers).