Friday, June 21, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: The Warriors

The Warriors IMDb
"Warriors, come out to play!  Warriors, come out to play!"  Finally got to see this cult classic.  But, before seeing it, decided to watch the original "Assault on Precinct 13" as a double feature.  Great experience watching these two back to back.  First of all, I like Precinct 13 a lot more than Warriors.  This movie had its potential, especially in the first 20 minutes.  Great 80's feel.  Cheesy dialogue.  Gangs from all sorts gathering together.  The plot thickens and now all the gangs are after The Warriors.  Still thought that was okay but I was wanting more out of the story, especially the ending.  I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. It was simply, okay.  Maybe not worth buying but glad that I finally got to see it.  Maybe I was wanting the characters to be more likeable (more importantly, The Warriors themselves).  What I got is just a gang like any other gang, just getting in trouble and see what they can screw along the way.  Nothing wrong with that, I guess.  Good movie to see that's similar to this as far as street gangs and stuff goes is "The Wanderers."  Definitely a lot better.