Friday, June 7, 2013

Yellow Submarine

Yellow Submarine IMDb
Saw this Animation with my son today thanks to my co-worker and friend, Casey, who gave me the DVD.  It's has a lot of great songs from The Beatles.  The characters in the movie are supposed be them but other voices were used instead.  The songs are still sung by The Beatles.  This was a crazy trippy animation.  This is one of those that might very interesting to see under the influence of certain substances.  The blue meanies are wickedly awesome blue villains. Lots of cool songs such as "All Together Now" and "When I'm 64."  And for the record, my son got really into it about halfway through.  If I'm teaching my son about all kinds of good music, might as well start with "The Beatles."  Can't go wrong.  This is a simple story about an old guy who gets on a yellow submarine to find help and take back the land that was taken over by the blue meanies (evil bastards that hate music).  These musicians (The Beatles) come to the rescue and make everything better.