Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

This movie was a lot different than the first one.  First of all, we have a big moving plot.  There's a revenge story and ultimately a movie about friendship and possibilities.  I liked it.  Still don't call myself a fan but I'm glad I'm taking this opportunity to give these movies a chance.  The villain, Khan, is ruthless and determined.  Love the cheesiness in the battles between The Enterprise and Khan's ship.  Definitely a journey here.  Didn't know that Captain Kirk has a son.  The Spock scene here is little emotional.  I didn't watch the shows but so far with this movie and the first one, I haven't seen how close the friendship is between Kirk and Spock until the end of this movie.  I knew they were supposed to be connected with one another but didn't feel that relationship until that last scene together.  We have a young and good looking Kirstie Alley.  Decided to watch this movie tonight as a last minute.  Will try to watch the third movie sometime next week.  My Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim countdown is getting in the way.  Darn it.