Monday, June 24, 2013

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Star Trek: The Motion Picture IMDb
Decided to start a Star Trek marathon just for kicks.  I've never seen any of the movies or show except for the latest J.J. Abrams.  My co-worker and friend, Casey, hooked me up with all the movies on DVD.  So here we go with the first movie.  It was better than I expected. It was long and some scenes took forever to play out but I get it, they were trying to pull a 2001: Space Odyssey.  It kinda works.  The Klingons came out in the beginning but then they never appeared again.  It's all about this mysterious alien-like force that is heading towards Earth.  The mission is to stop it.  Pretty simple story.  Got confused a bit during the middle but I got it.  It's also semi-romantic.  There were no battle scenes or action but I didn't know what to expect so I was okay with this sci-fi drama.  Next week or so, I'll be checking out Star Trek II: "Wrath of Kahn."