Thursday, June 27, 2013

World War Z (2013)

World War Z IMDb
Went into this with an open mind and I came out greatly satisfied.  I read the book a couple of years ago.  When I first saw the trailer I knew this has nothing with the book.  So, I'm not going to compare it to the great wonderful book.  I am looking at this as a big summer blockbuster movie.  With that in mind, it was a great time.  Yeah, I would of wanted a lot of gore and violence from this zombie movie but I knew there wasn't going to be any because it's rated PG-13.  For what it was, it was awesome.  This has nothing to do with the book.  Maybe a few ideas were taken from it.  They should of called this another title.  But, again, this was a good late night summer action movie.  Love some of the shots.  Favorite moment: a cop goes to grab free food instead of upstanding the law during the apocalypse.  Brad Pitt does awesome as the lead in this zombie action flick.  The family stuff didn't interest me but that's good they didn't exploit that too much.  Just the right measure.  Can't wait to have this in my Zombie section.