Monday, June 24, 2013

Monsters University (2013)

This was freaking sweet.  Loved it and enjoyed it all the way through.  Finally, a movie that I'm not totally disappointed with this year (with the exception of The Last Stand, that one also kicked ass in the theatre).  This one has its heart and soul.  There were a few chuckles from myself.  And when I thought it was going to be predictable, it surprised me throughout.  Haven't really liked a Pixar movie since Toy Story 3.  I like that there were some familiar characters and I like this silly Oozma Kappa fraternity including the hardcore/metal listening mother.  I have to admit, I was a bit worried they were going to ruin this prequel.  Curse of the prequels I call it (Star Wars and Dumb and Dumber).   Good times watching this.  Can't wait to own it.   Saw it with my son and it was a hell of a good time with popcorn and coke.