Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ted 2 (2015)

Son of a fucking bitch this was funny!  I have a thing for stoner movies done right and this one is done right.  I'm a big fan of the first Ted.  I have to admit, I wasn't so excited about a sequel.  Hence, the reason for watching this in the discount theatre.  It's not as good as the first one but for a sequel, not bad at all.  There were a lot of scenes where I was cracking up.  Didn't like too much of the cameos in the first half.  Did love the sperm clinic scene and of course, the New York Comic-Con scene.  A lot of awesome stoner moments.  My favorite: when Ted, John, and Samantha accidentally stumbles upon a field of weed.  The Jurassic Park theme song plays.  Beautiful!  "They do move in herds."  I fucking loved it.  "Raphael the Ninja Turtle" was awesome.  If you're going to watch a movie about a talking stuffed teddy bear, you have to know what you're getting yourself into.  I put this up there with Trainwreck this year.  Both awesome comedies in their own way.  Fans of stoner comedies would not be disappointed in this one.  I hated A Millions Ways to Die in the West but Seth McFarlane didn't make a strike two for me with this one.
7 out of 10.