Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Gift (2015)

Ladies and Gents, this was one fucking good thriller.  It has the revenge plot so you know I'm going to be bias with this.  I loved it.  Love the performances, love the set-up.  I love the way things get turned around here.  Gone Girl style.  I don't want to spoil anything with the twists and some of things that deal with the story.  It's better if you know less.  I did and I had a great time.  Now, it loses points for originality, but not the actual main story, I'm talking about the revenge part towards the end.  Years ago, I saw this Austrian movie called Revanche.  This one has a similar outcome to Revanche.  Other than that, they're both entirely different movies.  Kudos to Joel Edgerton for directing and acting in this thriller. Must see!  One of my top 5 for the year so far (either #4 or #5).
8 out of 10.