Saturday, August 8, 2015

Song of the Sea

Took my son to see this free screening at the Texas Spirit Theatre inside the Bob Bullock Museum.  This was nominated for Best Animation at the Oscar's earlier this year.  It was the last Animation left to see from that category (Lego Movie still got snubbed).  I loved this animation.  It was sweet, sad, and cute.  I think I felt the emotions more in this one than I did with Pixar's Inside Out.  I don't know why.  I mean, it wasn't all sad or anything but it was sweet.  Song of the Sea is about a fantasy tale that becomes true.  A tale of fairies.  A tale of the chosen one that must save the fairies.  That chosen one is a little girl whose mother "dies" from birth. Her big brother is the main character though.  He has a grudge towards his sister just because his mother died but later he has a change of heart when he realizes that his mother's fairy tale story is actually true.  He helps his sister achieve her destiny.
Recommended!  Good family film.