Friday, August 7, 2015

Spy (2015)

Spy IMDb
I have to admit, I was very hesitant to see this film.  The only two movies I like with Melissa McCarthy are Bridesmaids and St. Vincent. Other than that, I don't really like her stuff.  Ever since they premiered this at SXSW, I've been hearing nothing but good things. So I gave it a shot at the discount theatre.  It was actually freaking funny.  I laughed quite a bit.  I think I had the same amount of laughs as I did with Trainwreck.   Now, the last part kind of made it from being perfect.  And throwing 50 Cent in there also ruined it.  I mean, I know he's a big deal but too much of his cameo just didn't do it for me.  The rest of the movie was awesome, though.  Good funny ass intro.  Good writing and good characters.  Loved it but it wasn't perfect.  It delivered the comedy and action goods.
7 out of 10.