Saturday, August 15, 2015

High Lane

The FF2010 marathon continues with this French thriller/horror except fucking Netflix only had the English dub audio.  What the fuck?  I can't stand it.  There's people that can't stand subtitles, well, I can't stand English dubbed movies unless it's an old grindhouse movie or spaghetti western.  But, technology nowadays, there shouldn't be any excuse.  If I would have known, I would've rented this from Vulcan.  Anyways, besides that issue, this movie was alright.  Good fucking payoff, that's for sure.  It starts out as a man vs. nature kind of story then boom!  It turns to a psychotic killer on the loose story.  And thank goodness for that because these characters were pissing me off.  They deserved to die.  A thing bothered me in the end but you can't win them all when it comes to horror.  Spoiler alert:  if you leave your knive next to the killer who is slowly dying, you are one fucking idiot.  That's it.  Kudos for the "Alright" song the characters were singing in the beginning of the movie and in the middle after a big conflict.  The movie would have been a lot better if that song would have appeared at the closing credits.  I would have clapped. 
One more movie in this FF2010 marathon.  A cheesy 80's comedy called Joy Sticks.