Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Wars

50 more days until Fantastic Fest 2015.  I've decided just a day ago to check out as many Fantastic Fest movies from the past as I can before the fest.  More specifically, I've decided to watch all of the movies from Fantastic Fest 2010 that I haven't seen and that are available to see.  Why Fantastic Fest 2010?  Every year has been awesome as far as movies go but 2010 was my favorite year at the fest.  It is the year I saw "I Saw The Devil" among other favorites.  Out of all the movies that year, I haven't seen 24 of them still.  20 of them are available to see somehow either via Youtube/Netflix/Amazon and Vulcan Video.  Now, we come to this film.  This played that year.  It is a crazy but family friendly animation from Japan.  I enjoyed it.  It is different but not too different.  The story is original.  It is the story about togetherness.  Our main character decides to accompany a girl from school over the summer at her family's house.  He is her "pretend" boyfriend.  He tries to fit in and he starts loving the family because they're all about togetherness and doing things together.  Oh, but we haven't got to the crazy part.  This is a dystopian world.  A cyber world called OZ controls the way of life.  Our main character accidentally hacks into the system and all of a sudden there's a big crisis in the world.  Now, he and the family must get together and stop the end of the word, so to speak.  It's kind of hard describing it.  Good stuff, though.  I'm not an Anime fan.  I imagine fans of Anime will love this a lot more.  I thought it was enjoyable.
One movie down, 19 more to go for my Fantastic Fest countdown.