Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Agnosia

This Spanish film was shown at Fantastic Fest 2010.  I remember at the time I really wanted to see it because the writer is the same guy who helped write Devil's Backbone (my favorite Guillermo Del Toro film).  This was never shown again and not even released.  Luckily, I found a crappy copy of it on Youtube.  So, here are my comments on that crappy copy.  It was beautiful to see but at the same time it was boring.  Not enough suspense or movement to keep me going.  This was a bit of a downer.  The director of this also did another Fantastic Fest movie called Grand Piano with Elijah Wood.  I didn't like that one either.  Anyways, it was a slow developing story, which is rare at Fantastic Fest (but it does happen).
43 more days until Fantastic Fest 2015.  This Saturday I'll be laying low at the apartment and I'll actually have time to pull a movie marathon. It will be a Fantastic Fest 2010 marathon.  I already have the five movies picked out for that.