Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Zatoichi Challenged

My favorite number is 17 and this is the 17th Zatoichi movie to see from the Zatoichi Collection.  Once again, Zatoichi becomes a father figure.  This lady dies and Zatoichi picks up the responsibility of taking her son to his dad he's never met.  The father is an artist who secretly draws illegal art for yakuzas.  The boy is also an artist himself.  This movie gets a bit political.  The government interrupts and controls the village and certain yakuzas.  There's a samurai who represents the government and he is after the artist.  But, he has one obstacle: fucking Zatoichi.  Challenge accepted.  Beautiful battle at the end. 
The story was okay.  Maybe I was overwhelmed with too many Zatoichi films.  
Maybe I just need to watch one at a time as the mood arises.  But, dammit, I'm trying to finish the box set so I can finally put it with the rest of my collection.  The struggle is real!