Saturday, January 3, 2015

Blancanieves

This is a pretty cool silent film twist on the Snow White story.  There are some differences but the main plot is similar.  Add in some circus bullfighting midgets and we got ourselves a show.  The stepmother here is played by one of my favorite Spanish actress, the beautiful Maribel Verdu.  She's a sweetheart in "Tetro" (which I saw as a double feature before this movie).  The ending to this story is a bit different but I loved it.  This ain't no fairy tale.  I had this modern silent movie in my Netflix for a while.  I was actually thinking of doing a Silent Film Night this year but decided to stick with two specials. 

This is a great modern silent film I would recommend if you're in the mood.
Anything with midgets (excuse me, dwarves aka small people) I'm always down to watch.