Monday, January 19, 2015

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

My new friend Cici came to visit over the weekend and she brought this movie to see with me.  She's Native American and she's attached to her roots and background.  I'm not too familiar with all the history.  I just know the basics.  White people killed lots of Native Americans and chased them out of their territories.  This is a story about a young man who was born in the reservation but was taken out to study English.  He grows up and comes back to the reservation to help his people as a doctor.  Lots of bloodshed.  Lots of violent people.  This is a made for TV movie.  I have to admit, this isn't my cup of tea.  But, I sure love sharing experiences and learning about other cultures with other friends.  There were moments here that were a little too dramatic but, oh well.  It was an okay story. 
Kudos for a mean performance by J.K Simmons (which I gotta check out his latest possible Oscar winning performance in the movie Whiplash).

Cici made authentic fry bread to go with this movie.