Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Out of the Furnace

This was pretty fucking awesome.  Except for that last ending shot, which was okay.  But, fuck, revenge films hardly disappoint me.  Christian Bale plays a lost soul trying to do the right thing.  His younger brother, played by Casey Affleck, is a war veteran who turns to illegal street fighting to make money.  There's Willem Dafoe, which I had no idea he was in this.  I should read and see trailers more often before watching movies.  And we have Woody Harrelson playing a hardcore cold blooded motherfucker.  Well, the veteran brother gets mixed up with some shit with Harrelson's character and before you know it, he's dead.  It is up to our main character to set things right and go after the cold blooded motherfucker.  Saw it on Netflix late last night.  I didn't know what to expect so I came out satisfied.  Loved it!  There were a few flaws I didn't like, but overall, pretty awesome.
I would recommend this movie if you're in the mood for a crime drama.