Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Inherent Vice

I went to Los Angeles, California this past week and was busy with family and planning my son's birthday.  I did manage to see two movies out there.  Saw this one and it was perfect because of where the story takes place at.  I love P.T Anderson.  Sure, his last movie, The Master, wasn't all that to me, but fuck, he made it up with this crazy flick.  I'm not sure what to expect.  I do love a good paranoia/trippy/dark comedy.  This is a cross between The Big Lebowski and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  I love the style.  I love the quirkiness.  I love it.  Long unnecessary but entertaining scenes.  All part of this great mystery.  Would love to see it multiple times.  Insane but cool movie.  Now, I don't know if this is meant for everyone. It's a lot different than the other P.T Anderson films.  That's for sure.
Glad to have seen this in L.A.  I personally would have put this on my top 10 if I would have seen it last year.