Monday, January 5, 2015

The Equalizer

Denzel Washington is back again in a similar role as some of his other movies.  I have to admit, I really enjoyed this one.  I didn't like the set up to this.  It was unoriginal and full of cliches.  I mean, I didn't feel like Washington's character really connected with the girl.  So, I had a feeling this was going to disappoint me.   But, it didn't.  As soon as the action started taking over, I was in for a good ride.  Some awesome death scenes and a few good surprises.  Denzel's character reminded me a lot of Liam Neeson's character from the Taken movies.  I love his precise timing and skills.  The russians never knew what hit them.  Overall, this did its job.  If they would somehow change the first 40 minutes, I think this would have been something special for an action movie.
Worth renting for some good action sequences.  Don't take the sappy first act too seriously.