Thursday, December 26, 2013

We're the Millers (2013)

We're The Millers IMDb
Pretty much what I expected: a silly no brainer comedy with a few laughs.  I like the premise of the movie.  In fact, that is what attracted me in the first place.  I like movies about pot and road trips.  Why not?  I think the only character I didn't like here is the American drug boss played by Ed Helms.  Sorry, I don't think he's funny at all.  This is the type of movie I usually wait for on DVD (preferably Redbox, I wouldn't dare pick this at Vulcan when they have other rarities I rather watch).  Okay story, a few funny scenes, lots of cheesy moments, and a typical mainstream ending.  Favorite comedic moment:  Our main guy goes to get a haircut to blend in as a family man.  He tells the stylist to make his hair like the same style as a miserable married guy who hates his boring life and routines and wants to kill himself.  A bored married guy sitting in the waiting area interrupts and tells the stylist pointing at his hair, "right here, just like this one."  This movie would of been hilarious if there were stoner scenes.  Not recommended.