Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug IMDb
I was going to wait for this on DVD but my girlfriend insisted for a theatrical viewing.  So here I am.  It is everything I expected.  I expected the same old Middle Earth stuff.  Love the fighting sequences.  The spider fights and the fights between the elves and the orcs were my favorites.  All the other stuff is just filler.  I wish this was one hour shorter.  We don't need three 3 hour movies for this.  Wish they could of just made one long 3 hour movie instead of milking it.  But, oh well.  This is a great adventure.  Still like the first one more.  I haven't read the books so I was surprised that they went to the dragon already.  Lots of dragon fighting scenes.  They should of ended this there but we need another 3 hours of them continuing battling the dragon.  To be continued next year.  I love how the first Hobbit movie ended with a good cliffhanger moment.  This one, was a little dull.  Recommended for a great adventure but not priority.