Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vampire Thursday: Byzantium

Byzantium IMDb
The last Vampire Thursday ever was spent with this movie.  I kind of liked it and I kind of didn't.  I like the vampire prostitute angle.  Hey, they gotta survive financially somehow.  I didn't like that they kept going to flashbacks and the ending was a little too poetic for my taste.  The gore here is awesome though. Gotta mention that.  This is from Neil Jordan who also brought us "Interview with the Vampire."  It's got that one girl from Hanna.  It's got the coming of age theme as well.  Overall, I didn't feel it.  Not recommended.  This year's Vampire Thursday has been a disappointment.  I think I liked one or two movies out of the twelve.  Maybe because I've already seen all the good vampire movies.  Oh well, I tried.  At the end of the year, I'll post my most favorite to least favorite movie from Vampire Thursday as well as my other personal monthly specials from this year.