Sunday, December 22, 2013

Oscar Sunday: Rain Man

Rain Man IMDb
Dustin Hoffman can play a good autistic guy.  I liked the movie.  I didn't know what to expect.  A solid award winning drama.  Tom Cruise plays a heartless sales man who's only after money.  When his rich father dies and leaves 3 million dollars to his brother he didn't know existed, he goes out of his way to get to know his brother only to get half of the money.  Like most Hollywood dramas, the character learns and becomes mature towards the end.  I really like Hoffman's performance here.  Love the way he repeats stuff and how smart his character is.  Hell, I would also take him to Vegas and count cards if he was my brother.  Hahaha!  Overall, pretty good drama from the 80's.  That concludes Oscar Sunday this year.  I'll list my most favorite to least favorite at the end of the year.