Thursday, December 19, 2013

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)

Anchorman 2 IMDb
It is very hard to write my comments on a movie sometimes.  This is one of those times.  Of course, this is my personal opinion and you can take it or you can send it right back.  Don't mean to sound like a school boy bitch, but I was fairly disappointed with this sequel.  It had some laughs and some great moments but the overall picture didn't do it for me.  First of all, it was two hours.  No silly comedy should be that long.  Second, they went over the top in a lot of stuff.  They also went cameo crazy.  It didn't have the freshness and magic from the first movie.  I wanted to see more about the newsroom and making the news rather than a lot of stuff that happens outside the workplace.  I did like the father and son aspect.  Ron Burgundy's son reminds me of my son.  I was wanting more out of this comedy.  I remember seeing the first movie in the theatre and I thought it was okay at first and then I fell in love after multiple viewings.  Not sure if this movie would be the same.  For some reason, most comedies I've seen this year, aren't cutting it for me.  I think if you're a fan of Anchorman, you should see it and have your own opinion.  For others, I wouldn't recommend it.