Saturday, December 28, 2013

American Hustle (2013)

American Hustle IMDb
My last movie to see in the theatre this year was this movie.  It was okay for me.  The highlights here are the performances, the wardrobe, and that awesome soundtrack.  That's it.  The story was nothing special.  The first half reminded me of old school Martin Scorsese films.  Too bad Scorsese didn't direct this himself, might of been badass.  I didn't really care for the main characters.  The characters I loved was Jennifer Lawrence's character and Jeremy Renner's character.  My favorite moment has to be when Jennifer Lawrence goes all out singing "Live and Let Die."  Awesome.  I wanted more substance out of this movie.  This won't make it in my top favorite films this year but good to see once for those wonderful performances.  In the Academy Awards political world, this might be the movie they would choose to win.  In my world, it's a bit overrated.