Saturday, December 21, 2013

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)

Inside Llewyn Davis IMDb
I'm a huge fan of the Coen Brothers but their last few films haven't been that awesome as their older stuff.  This one was okay.  A little disappointing since I wanted more out of it.  Normally, I would of waited to see this on DVD, but, because of the Coens and because I am lucky to live in a city where they appreciate movies, I got to see this in the theatre.  I didn't mind the usual quirky characters and some of the dialogue that reminded me of the Coens.  The overall picture though, felt weak.  I'm not into folk music but I did like one or two songs from here.  Lots of drama with a few comedic moments about a struggling musician who keeps messing up and staying in other people's couches.  Felt a bit sorry for him.  I wanted more out of the supporting characters.  Left the theatre feeling incomplete.  Movies this year haven't been that strong with me.  I still got two more to see in the theatre before the year is over: The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle.  I'm hoping for at least one of those to kick ass.  We'll see. Inside Llewyn Davis is recommended for a one time viewing if you're into folk music and depressing dramas.