Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blackfish (2013)

Blackfish IMDb
Am I ready to go to Sea World now after watching this? You betcha!  Gotta get me a Shamu stuffed animal.  Forget what these whales go through.  All sarcasm aside, this documentary was pretty powerful.  Not as powerful as "The Cove" but still delivers a strong message.  I like that we hear testimonials from a few former Sea World trainers.  There's lots of footage from actual incidents taken from tourists.  The doc shows from when whales are captured and separated from their families to being frustrated and locked up in theme parks.  There has been lots of incidents where whales turn on their trainers (sometimes deadly) because of all the stress and frustrations.  Yet, the Sea World corporation denies the facts and blame trainers for these tragedies.  This doc was sad and at the same time, it made me angry.  I won't be taking Nathan there anytime soon.  This movie is worth watching at least once.