Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nebraska (2013)

Nebraska IMDb
A decent dramedy by the guy who brought us "Sideways" and "The Descendants."  It was actually a lot funnier than I expected.  Of course, the drama takes over the whole thing.  Love the mother in this movie.  Very good character.  Crazy indie movie about an old man who thinks he won a million dollars through a sweepstakes letter he received.  His immediate family tells him that it's a scam.  He doesn't care.  He's determined to travel to Nebraska and claim his prize.  His son finally takes him and this road trip story starts.  It's a cute story about father and son bonding.  I would recommend this movie.  It felt good watching this on my birthday.  Started a tradition where I go to the theatre and see a movie for my birthday.  Last year, I took my son to see Wreck it Ralph on my birthday.  This year, is this movie.