Friday, December 20, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: Crumb

Crumb IMDb
My last Cult Classic of the year gets wrapped up with this documentary.  It always comes up in Cult Classic lists.  It's presented by David Lynch.  This is a documentary about the comic artist who created stuff like Fritz the Cat.  His name is Robert Crumb.  He draws lots of psychedelic and sexual stuff.  Hell, he has several fetishes including underskirt and feet, I think.  I didn't know anything about the guy.  He is still alive.  This covers his inspirations as an artist, his dysfunctional family, and interviews with his past lovers.  Reminds me a bit of a great documentary I own called, The Devil and Daniel Johnston.  I thought Crumb was okay to see but nothing special about it. So with that, I would say, a one night stand for those interested.  That's it.  At the end of the year, I will list my most favorite to least favorite movie from Cult Classic Friday this year.