Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Last Stand (2013)

The Last Stand IMDb
My first official 2013 movie of the year delivered the cheesy action goods. Loved it. Now, I was afraid that one of my favorite Korean directors was going to flop with his first American movie. But, damn, this one was badass for what the story was. Lots of good bloody gunshot scenes. Quirky funny moments. I mean, come on, we can't take Arnold Schwarznegger seriously. His character and the rest of his team was spot on actio great. Favorite moments include: Johnny Knoxville blowing someone to pieces. The sheriff killing someone while falling off a building, and an old lady civilian killing an intruder. Lots of claps during those moments. Kudos to Jee-Woon Kim. The director of I Saw The Devil, A Bittersweet Life, and The Good, The Bad, and The Weird. I guess this new movie is my fourth favorite Jee-Woon Kim film. Good start for the year.