Friday, January 18, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: Harold And Maude

Harold and Maude
Wow! Where have I been all my life? This is such an awesome movie.  From the beginning scene to the last shot.  What makes this movie are the catchy dialogue and the music.  Damn, that music.  Majority of the songs were recorded and performed by Cat Stevens for the movie.  This is supposed to be one of the greatest cult classics of all time.  I can see why.  Bud Cort who plays Harold looks evil.  I like all his suicidal stunts he pulls on his mother and his "dates."  But his heart belongs to one woman.
A 80 year old woman with a free spirit.  Lots of good moments from them both: stealing cars, attending funerals, playing music, etc, etc.  Harold's mom also has hilarious moments and dialogue. I have to add the Criterion version to this to my collection.  And for the record, this is also my first time watching a Hal Ashby film.  I Luv Video has a section for him so he has to be somewhat famous in the film world.