Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Samurai Monday: The Tale of Zatoichi

The Tale of Zatoichi IMDb
Awesome start for Samurai Monday.
I've seen Zatoichi: The Blind Swordman by Takeshi Kitano
a long time ago.  And I know this character
is famous character in the samurai world, so I had to 
see the very original movie.
The only downfall was that most scenes were too dark.
But, other than that, this kicked ass.
I love the set up for the war at the end. I love the speed of Zatoichi. I didn't even see his sword swing.
Just all of a sudden, a couple people are cut.
I loved it.I enjoyed this a lot more than my first screenings of 
a few Kurosawa sumarai movies.  So, I am looking forward for the other 11 samurai movie I got set up for this year.
I like the honor between the two main samurais in this movie.
Screw dying by a bullet, die like a real samurai.  Swing!!
Got to add this to my Asian section.





No trailer found but here's a clip from the movie: