Friday, January 18, 2013

Iron Sky

Iron Sky IMDb
Woke up this morning, turned off the all the lights in the living room and with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and hot tea, I saw this Nazi/Space movie.  Good way to start the day before heading to work.  I first heard about this movie from last year's SXSW film festival.  I'm a big fan of movies with Nazis.  So I had to eventually see this. I didn't know what to expect. Just maybe a silly movie.  This movie was pretty silly but it had a good style.  It's got a good looking sexy nazi played by Julia Dietze. One of my favorite moments happens when the nazis confiscated a cell phone from the American.  The American said it's a phone and a computer.  An Einstein looking scientist laughs and says "That's not a computer.  This is a computer." He reveals a big old school wall size computer machine.  I laughed out loud with that one.  So there were some good cheesy moments. Good to see.  Not sure if I would buy just yet.  Expect a low budget stupid movie and that's what you'll get.