Friday, April 15, 2011

Your Highness (2011)


Your Highness
Wow!! What a trip this was.
I'm glad I was able to watch Sword and the Sorcerer and Krull
yesterday. Those gave me a little more understanding
of the sword-and-sorcery genre.
I was able to get in the right mood for this one
and I ended up liking it a lot.
Your Highness it's a tribute to sword-and-sorcery movies.
The whole thing felt like an 80's flick but with a lot bad words.
Laughed just a little more than I expected.
From the beginning where we were in a small people village
(like from Willow) to the wizard weed scene and the five headed dragon (hand).
Crazy stuff.
My favorite scene was the wizard weed scene.
That whole sequence was hilarious.
Danny McBride is the show in this movie.
I like some of the gore here.
Didn't like the main bad guy being a dorky bad wizard
but got to make it cheesy.
While this is not as good as Pineapple Express,
it was still good to see. It met my fair expectations.

A must see for stoner fans and sword-and-sorcery fans.
I'll make sure to one day own this for the Stoner section.