Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tron / Tron: Legacy


Tron
This is my first time seeing this original movie.
I wasn't brought up with it and I had no idea
what was it about until last year when
the sequel came out. I decided to check it out tonight
before the sequel. This is kind of like a Shame on Me.
I'm not a big fan of game and cyberspace movies
but I respect them. Throughout this film,
I had to remind myself that this came out in the early 80's.
Having that mindset, this movie is good for its period.
I like the style of the movie.
This is the pre-Atari age.
The animation and effects were cool.

I like that the story was at first complicated and
ended with a straightforward ending.
Like I said, I'm not a big fan of these kinds of movies,
but it has my respect.



Tron: Legacy
Good visuals.
This one was high tech. The story reminded me a bit
of "The Matrix." Performances were okay.
This is mainly about the visuals (just like Sucker Punch).
Good sequences.
I just didn't like that the son was right away a badass
from the second he enters the system.
Other than that, this was an entertaining flick for me.

I personally preferred the first movie more,
but, this one is worth the time.