Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Sword and the Sorcerer


The Sword and the Sorcerer
Alright stuff.
I'm planning on seeing "Your Highness" tomorrow.
Alamo Drafthouse had a special screening last week
with Danny McBride live in person.
I couldn't make it.
In that special screening, they did a triple feature.
It was this movie first, then Your Highness, and after they
finished the night with Krull.
Since I've never seen all these movies before, I might
as well check 'em out.
This morning I saw this flick.
Started out a bit weird and then it became straightforward.
Serious feel to it except that certain parts looked cheesy.
I enjoyed the story a bit.
This reminded me of The Princess Bride a bit.
Good drinking movie.

This movie is hard to find since it's out of print.
But if you live in Austin, Vulcan Video has it.
Worth the peek if you're into these kinds of movies.