Monday, April 4, 2011

Tommy

MUSICAL MONDAY

To expand my knowledge in this genre
and for the sake of trying something different,
every first Monday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a musical I've never seen before.]


Tommy
I woke up this morning to this crazy musical.
Didn't know anything about it, but,
I've heard the title for years.
I loved it, especially the first half.
I love that there's no dialogue just pure music.
Whenever a song sequence ends and the people are talking,
we don't hear what they're saying but there's still music playing.
It's a ride from beginning to end.
And some few trippy scenes.
One of the highlights is Tina Turner singing
and injecting some "heroin" to our main character.
Lots of great visuals.
Didn't like the climax and ending as much, but,
it still was a decent closure for the whole thing.

If it wasn't for Musical Monday,
I'd probably would have never seen this movie.
This is a must buy for the Musical section.