Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Savage Seven

WEIRD WEDNESDAY

Every Wednesday at midnight, the Alamo Ritz has Weird Wednesday.
Depending on the movie, my personal life, and my schedule,
I'll be able to attend a few of these screenings.
For more on Weird Wednesday go here:

Alamo Drafthouse: Weird Wednesday

For tonight's event go here:
Weird Wednesday: The Savage Seven



The Savage Seven
Awesome grindhouse experience.
This was hilarious.
Kudos for the badass soundtrack.
Every song here makes the movie memorable.
No wonder this is one of Quentin Tarantino's
top 20 favorite grindhouse films of all time.
It's got a lot of memorable moments.
My favorite moment is the kid wanting candy at the store.
They spend almost three minutes for that moment
that had nothing to do with the rest of the story,
just building great cinematic moments.
Little quirky random moments like that
makes this movie badass.
Good funny characters.
Half of it felt like a Western but with motorcycles
instead of horses.
This movie also has an influence to a modern movie
called, "Hell Ride." The director and star of Hell Ride
(Larry Bishop) also comes out in this movie.
What a good way to introduce myself to the bikersploitation
sub-genre.
Love the ending.

I'm crossing my fingers for a DVD release of this one.
A must for all grindhouse fans.