Thursday, April 7, 2011

Legendary Assassin

The movie last night was supposed to be The Road To Salina
for Weird Wednesday at the Alamo.
I was unable to go to Weird Wednesday due to
being on standby at work for breaking news.
It's just one of those things.
But I will make it up.
There's one more Weird Wednesday show I want to check out this month.
I also applied for a few advanced screenings.
And Cine Las Americas film festival is on the last week of April.
I might check out some of the films there.

This morning I woke up to this Chinese flick:


Legendary Assassin
Some of the fighting scenes here were kinda cheesy
but you can tell they were trying to be serious.
In fact, the whole movie felt like they were
trying too hard. I like the intro
and some of the fighting scenes.
The story was alright.
I love Asian cinema.
I have a weakness for these kind of films.
Any simple Asian film can get me easily.
This film is one of the very few that didn't get me.
I'll give this movie props for one thing,
the food. This made me want to go to a Chinese buffet
and tear down lots of bowls.

If you're in the mood to see this one,
keep in mind that there's thousands of great Asian films
out there to see instead.