Monday, April 11, 2011

Kill The Irishman (2011)


Kill The Irishman
This was a free screening for me
(I got in through a contest).
I been wanting to see this gangster film
since I first saw the trailer last year.
I was a little disappointed.
I expected a lot more.
The problem I had with this were the performances
and the character development. It sucked in those departments.
There were some good moments that
will make gangster fans proud.
But, overall, it was just average.
If they would of made this as a cheesy 70's style flick,
it would of kicked ass.
It was trying to be too much like "Goodfellas."
My favorite part was when John (Vincent D'Onofrio)
stabs the crap out of this guy in the trunk
Joe Pesci style.
Danny the main guy felt like a 2-D character.

For certain moments, I say it's okay.
As far as movies of 2011, I put this under Battle: Los Angeles.
It's nothing special for the Gangster section, but,
if I were to buy it one day, I'll make sure to get it under five bucks.