Wednesday, April 13, 2011

National Lampoon's Vacation

SHAME ON ME WEDNESDAY

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, so shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

The month of April feels like
a month for comedy (April Fools).
The following four comedies I've never seen before:

Caddyshack
Animal House
National Lampoon's Vacation
Blues Brothers

National Lampoon's Vacation wins by
majority votes from certain experts.

Runner Up: Blues Brothers


National Lampoon's Vacation
Man, this was a big time Shame on Me.
I mean, of all the Shame On Me movies so far this
year, Vacation did it for me.
I've seen about 20 minutes of this movie before,
but never the whole thing.
After watching it, I must say this is a true classic.
A lot of comedies referenced this movie
(like Dumb and Dumber for "the mockingbird song").
I like the dark comedy parts too like when Aunt Edna dies
in their car (Little Miss Sunshine referenced this).
Love the whole movie.
It makes me want to drive cross country with the family
and make some stops and drink a few Coors.

There, now I'm not left behind with this one.
And for the record, I've seen and have Christmas Vacation
in my collection. I saw that one for the first time a few years
back thanks to wife.