Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Legend of Nigger Charley

Django Unchained Countdown
#7:

The Legend of Nigger Charley IMDb
This blaxploitation western inspired Django Unchained.  I first heard by my friend Ramon when he mentioned this one, the sequel, and Boss Nigger.  It was only right to include this one in the countdown.  It was an okay movie.  The first part takes place in a plantation then off to the wild west.  There were some humor and a bit of action.  Most of it didn't really get me.  I love the hell out of "Boss Nigger."  That was everything I wanted out of that movie:
good story, funny dialogue, nice flow, grindhouse mixed with western feeling.  This one here was a bit off for me.  It's got Fred Williamson who starts out as a slave and then escapes with his best friend and takes over a town.  Music was okay.  I'll be checking out the sequel, "The Soul of Nigger Charley," tomorrow.