Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Release Tuesday: The Sweeney

The Sweeney IMDb
Last night, saw this action/crime movie from the U.K. with low expectations.  It was a fun ride.  Had a long day traveling back to Austin coming back from vacation and spending time with my son.  So, at first, I was getting a bit drowsy in the beginning but after a while this movie got my attention and didn't let me go until the end.  I'm a fan of Ray Winstone ever since I saw him in "Sexy Beast."  Here he plays one bad ass Dirty Harry somewhat dirty cop.  Him and his team are known as "The Sweeney."  They become almost criminals in order to catch the real criminals.  Good action scenes.  Good dialogue here and there.  It became so predictable towards the end but didn't mind.  It's an action movie for crying out loud.  I also didn't mind that in the last scene our two main heroes went without back up to catch our two main villains.  It pissed me off a little but I let go.  After all, we needed a big chase scene and some suspense there at the end, and it delivered.