Friday, April 19, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: Eating Raoul

Eating Raoul IMDb
After a long day at work yesterday, decided to not cancel my Cult Classic Friday.  With coffee in my system, I pulled a midnighter.  Awesome experience watching this one very late.  Cheesy characters, cheesy moments, cheesy dialogue.  Don't believe me?  Watch the trailer underneath.  I never heard of this movie until recently when I did research on cult classics.  This one is featured in many lists.  The two main actors who play husband and wife here also come out in Rock and Roll High School.  They're both awesome.  The guy is also the director of this movie (Paul Bartel).  It's dark comedy all the way.  Something that fans of the Coen Brothers would love.  I love all the quirky costume moments.  I love that you can just kill somebody with just one hit from a frying pan.  It was short and simple movie.  I wouldn't mind buying this one and it's out on Criterion.  Fun times!!