Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Buck and the Preacher

Django Unchained Countdown
#4:
Buck and the Preacher IMDb
This was a bit boring and a bit okay.  Does that make sense?  I guess I was expecting different.  I thought it was about Buck and the Preacher traveling the country and freeing slaves.  Instead, it's about Buck helping a group of slaves travel to the West.  He meets the Preacher and they eventually help get rid of the racist bad guys.  Which is still pretty good plot.  I like that our main bad guy gets killed halfway through.  It's more real and also more Tarantino like.  This movie is one of the movies that played as a double feature with Django Unchained at the New Beverly Cinema in L.A. Personally picked by Tarantino himself.  While it is a western with black people in it, I didn't feel that this movie could go good with Django Unchained.
Most of the other movies in this countdown does go good.  It's alright, though.  Three more movies to go.