Thursday, April 4, 2013

Boss Nigger

It is April and this is the month that my favorite movie from last
year gets released on DVD.
Every time I see a new Tarantino movie, I get to learn about 20 or more
films I've never heard about before.
I plan on watching Django Unchained on April 29.
I am doing a countdown for this movie.
I'll be seeing 13 films that either inspired, referenced in, or was
shown as a double feature with Django Unchained.

We start tonight with
#13:
Boss Nigger IMDb
I first heard about this movie through my friend Ramon.
Then I saw the trailer to it at the Alamo right before Django Unchained came out.
I had to see it.
This clearly was an influence to Tarantino's latest.
There's also some similiarities.
There's bounty hunters.  Cheesy lines.
And man, Fred Williamson's character here reminded me a bit of Jamie Foxx's Django.
I love the hell out of this movie.
Must for the Western section.
It's a western with the blaxploitation feel to it.
Even the blaxploitation music fits somewhat good to this way out west feeling.
I had fun throughout the whole thing.
There were couple of scenes that didn't make sense editing wise,
but, who cares, this is a low budget cheesy western.
Fred Williamson as a sheriff and his deputy friend are a good duo.
Taking over the whole town and taking names.
I love the use of the "N" word on here. 
Cracked me up most times.
This for sure got me excited to see Django Unchained even more.
I wonder how the other movies on this countdown are going to compare.
Should of ended the countdown with this one.