Monday, April 29, 2013

Oscar Night Sunday: In the Heat of the Night

In The Heat Of The Night
Damn, this Oscar winning movie from 1967 was awesome.  It's not everyday you see a detective mystery movie that takes place in the South when racism was very high and you have your main detective as a black man.  I love that in almost every scene, there's a white guy discriminating our main character.  I picked this movie this Oscar Sunday because it's about racism and the South and tomorrow I'll be checking out Django Unchained for the first time since the theatre.  I enjoyed this movie a lot.  Lots of good dialogue like "They call me Mr. Tibbs" moment.  Also lots cool scenes like when Mr. Tibbs hits a white guy back.  That's never happened in that town before.  I was amazed in that scene almost as much as when Django whips the white guy in Django Unchained.  This movie also had somewhat of a Twin Peaks feeling.  Small town murder.  Worth buying.