Saturday, April 6, 2013

Evil Dead (2013)

Evil Dead
For what it was and what kind of movie it represents, this movie delivers.  It's the remake to a good horror classic.  For being a remake, not so bad.  The gore and blood was excellent.  As a stand alone horror, it didn't really do it for me.  I like the original Evil Dead but I'm not a big fan, so I didn't connect well with the remake.  There was only one scare for me and that was when our female lead scared us in the bedroom after being attacked in the woods.  I like that there was parts that made me laugh just like in the original.  The characters were a bit annoying.  Cliche.  Don't read out the words of a creepy book that warns you not to read.  Don't go in the basement, don't go alone to a house while crazy things are happening.  No, these characters don't learn.  Then again, this is a remake of the original, so I guess they can't change the stupidity of the characters or else we wouldn't have a "horror" film.  I guess, I hyped it up for myself.  Love the chainsaw scene.  Favorite parts: the intro and the ending.